Founded in 2002 by a dedicated group of volunteers, the ASL serves as a fundraising and community outreach auxiliary to the Rohnert Park Animal Shelter.
In addition, the ASL is dedicated to providing animal welfare education and community outreach to the children and adults of our service area.
As a private non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, the ASL is able to solicit donations, hold fundraising events, and apply for grants. 100% of these funds are used to support the activities of
the Rohnert Park Animal Shelter and the communities it serves.
All directors and members are volunteers and are not compensated in any way for their time or efforts.
The Rohnert Park Animal Shelter is a municipal facility serving the cities of Rohnert Park and Cotati. It is an open door shelter providing refuge for stray domestic animals as well as a second chance for a loving home to owner surrendered animals. Each year approximately 2000 lost, unwanted, sick, and abandoned animals come through the Shelter’s door. Each animal is lovingly cared for by a small staff aided by a large corps of volunteers.
ASL is dedicated to support the Shelter in the following ways:
- Make the public aware of the Shelter’s services.
- Promote animal spay/neuter, ID programs and shelter adoption.
- Raise funds to provide additional services for the care of animals and improvements to the Shelter.
- Provide public education on animal care and humane training methods.
- You can make a difference!
You can support the Animal Shelter League of Rohnert Park and the animals in the following ways:
- Spay or neuter your pet to prevent unwanted litters and encourage your friends to do the same.
- License and leash your pet and have your pet microchipped to allow the Shelter to quickly return a lost pet to its family.
- Donate goods, services and even your car to the Shelter.
- Volunteer your time at the Shelter. The animals will love you for
- Contribute to the ASL. All donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.
Animal Shelter League of Rohnert Park
301 J. Rogers Lane
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
When you contribute to ASL you will have the satisfaction of knowing that your donation is helping lost and abandoned animals.